As you begin to research if becoming an egg donor is right for you, you likely ask yourself “can I even become an egg donor?” Don’t worry, it’s a very common question and is one of our most frequently asked. A few of the other questions we regularly get asked include:
- Can I take birth control while being an egg donor?
- Am I old enough?
- Am I too old?
- If my period is irregular am I still eligible?
- What if I got a tattoo in the last 12 months?
- Can I be an egg donor if I use tobacco products?
It’s important to get these questions answered before you begin the egg donor process. You can find the answers below. Your time, along with ours and the intended parents’ time, is valuable. If you do not meet the following requirements, you will not be able to begin your egg donor journey.
Requirements for Egg Donors
Below you will find the list of initial qualifications to become an egg donor. If you have any questions about this list, please let us know. However, it is important to note that we can not make exceptions to this list.
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 28
- Your BMI must be between 18-28
- Non-Smoker (including no vaping)
- Must be physically healthy
- Must be psychologically healthy
- No current psychoactive drug use
- Must have regular, monthly periods
- You can be on birth control pills or an IUD, however, you can not be using contraceptive implants or injections
- Must have both ovaries
- No history of substance abuse
- Willing to take necessary injections
- No personal/family history of genetic disorders
- Mature and dependable
- Able to keep scheduled appointments
If you’ve read through this list and meet all the qualifications for becoming an egg donor and want to continue forward with your journey, we encourage you to complete the initial application.
Why Become an Egg Donor?
If you are still on the fence or questioning if egg donation is right for you, that is understandable. This should not be a quick decision. It is a very personal one that you can only make for yourself.
If you do choose to become a donor, you will be providing intended parents with a beautiful gift to a family in need. This priceless gift to them is not selfless, however, as there is compensation to make your dreams a reality as well.
If you’d like to speak to our team before making your final decision, please reach out to us via our contact page. We’d be happy to answer any questions you have.