Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman agrees to bear a child for another person or couple, who will become the child’s legal parents after birth. Technically speaking, surrogacy is considered an assisted reproductive technology, but we know that surrogacy is so much more than that. A successful surrogacy arrangement is a beautiful thing and the decision to become a surrogate mother is a selfless and honorable one.
At Love & Kindness Surrogacy, we understand how challenging the road to surrogacy can be for prospective parents. Also, we know how important it is for surrogate mothers to receive the care and support they deserve. As a full-service egg donation and surrogacy agency, we are committed to matching surrogates with the right intended parents and providing both parties with love, kindness, and attention. In order to ensure that both parties have a positive and successful surrogacy journey, we will personally guide you through every step of the surrogacy process, including finding the perfect intended parents.
What is a Surrogate Mother?
A surrogate mother, or surrogate, is a woman who agrees to carry a baby through pregnancy and then return the baby to the intended parents after it is born. During the gestational surrogacy process, in vitro fertilization (IVF) is used to fertilize the intended mother or donor’s egg with the intended father or donor’s sperm, and the resulting embryo is then transferred into the surrogate mother’s uterus for the duration of the pregnancy. In gestational surrogacy, the baby is genetically related to the intended parents or donors and is not genetically related to the surrogate. Women interested in becoming surrogates with Love & Kindness Surrogacy must meet the following program requirements:
- Must be between 21 and 40 years of age
- A body mass index of less than 30.
- Must have had an uncomplicated pregnancy or pregnancies and at least one healthy delivery
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Must be financially stable
- Must live a healthy, responsible lifestyle
- Has a solid support system of friends and family members
- Must not currently reside in New York, Nebraska, Michigan or Louisiana
- Must be willing to travel for the IVF process
- Does not use illegal drugs
How Does a Surrogate Mother Work?
Surrogacy is a popular option for couples struggling with infertility or other issues that have prevented them from having children on their own. By becoming a surrogate mother, you are helping make the dream of parenthood a reality for these couples. Furthermore, in return, you will receive a customizable compensation package based on your profile, location and experience as a surrogate. At Love & Kindness Surrogacy, we know that surrogacy isn’t always easy and we work hard to bring surrogates and intended parents together in a surrogacy process that is as simple and stress-free as possible for all parties. That is the main reason we believe in providing surrogate mothers with as much information as possible upfront, so they know exactly what to expect from the very beginning. In order to successfully become a surrogate for Love & Kindness Surrogacy, you must complete each of the following steps of the surrogacy progress.
- Complete an online surrogate application
- Interview with our team of surrogacy experts
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have passed a medical review
- Pass an OB check-up (if necessary)
- Review and approve intended parents’ profiles
- Meet or video chat with intended parents
- Complete a psychological evaluation
- Complete a medical screening
- Review your surrogate contract
- Enter into a surrogacy agreement with the intended parents
IVF Embryo Transfer
- Build your uterus lining using medication
- Transfer the embryo at the IVF clinic
- Take an hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test
- Get an ultrasound
- Transfer to a regular OB doctor
- Attend your OB appointments
- Attend monthly counseling sessions provided by Love & Kindness Surrogacy (if applicable)
- Utilize your doula’s support
- Give birth to the baby